Friday, July 4, 2014

New book on the way & some dots.....

Have you noticed the tumbleweeds rolling around on the blog over the past month or so? There's a reason! I promise! I've been working on my next book. Ta Da! LOL.

So, here's where I'm at with it.......the majority of editing is done on the text, but I still have a cover, videos and hyperlinks, maybe some more pics ('cause when is enough ever really enough?) and of course, several more (or 100 obsessive) read-throughs to get done. I also want to do a bit of fun stuff on the blog before setting my baby loose into the wide world.

I'm super-excited, but................for the next 4 weeks I have to buckle down and complete my final assignments/presentation for my Permaculture Design Certificate which I have been sadly neglecting. That means the book stuff is on hold till my project is done.

So, I'm thinking taking all this into account, that I'm about 6 weeks off release. That's not all that long is it?

O.k., now for something I've been having a play around with today (yep, whilst avoiding my assignment......bad, bad Helen). It's got a bit of a rounded auraknot feel to it.

Random dots:


Connect up with some curved lines (alternate directions):


Add another row of curved lines:


Keep going, you're going to run into existing lines, just skip over and continue on the other side.



Partially pen-shaded:


Fun! I'll have to play around some more when I've got more time for it.

I'm missing you all, but will "see" you in a few weeks!
hx


20 comments:

  1. Well... I thought I posted a comment... 2nd times a charm? Thank you for this. :) It's quite lovely, and looks like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooh.....this looks like fun, I'm gonna try this now !
    Thanks Helen, for this lovely tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hiya Helen, yes we've missed you, so glad you popped your head up - this looks like loads of fun and I for one can't wait to see your new book :) happy studying!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I must admit I wondered about those tumbleweeds rolling about. :-). I'm so excited to hear there's good news rolling in behind them! Lovely pattern, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the reminder that this type of pen work can be so relaxing and fun. Plus, it's something for us to do while waiting for the new book!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun design. Thanks for the update, looking forward to your new book.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with all above! :) I'm definitely going to try that one out ... as soon as I have a minute. Thanks so much for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks like fun!... And six weeks is much too long to wait, so get back to work, young lady! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so doing this one right now! I love it. I haven't felt inspired for awhile (life gets in the way) but this gets me going this morning. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ok, take 2 on leaving a comment. Thanks so much for being so clever as giving us something to play with whilst we wait for your new book. Can't wait! Good luck with your project for school.

    ReplyDelete
  11. well this looks like great fun :) i'll give it a go, i'm not very good with curved lines, so i can use the practice! can't wait to see what your book entails, but i'll be patient while you finish up your certification. good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was just working on some ribbons, when I took a break to checkout blogland. I am so rapt you'll be doing another book. Enough is never enough. This one is gorgeous. Good luck with your certificate.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for this wonderful tutorial!! I take it on my "to do" list!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Can hardly wait for your new book. Love your style

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this pattern Helen, so flowy as usual for you. It's wonderful to play with. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. well now here's one the get lost in! Fun...gonna play with it.
    I also must say, your creativity and flare are just delightful. I always enjoy exploring your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Helen, just discovered your blog and art and WOW it's great! Also great to see the step by step and video tutorials! I've been enjoying it very much, tangled greet Miranda

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats on your up and coming new book. I am always using my Flips, folds and ribbons e-book. This looks like a delightful new pattern too.

    ReplyDelete