Sunday, May 18, 2014

Pattern Organisation

I love organising stuff. Any kind of stuff. Again, again and over again. Who knows why? I just do it.

Over the last few months, very on and off - I've been organising my tangle patterns (yes, again!) - I've done a couple of posts in the past, about the system I use -  you can read about it in this post,  (it's Sandy Hunter/Tanglebucket, super-tangler's, very cool organisation idea).

So, anyway, when I initially drew out the patterns, I did them pretty quickly and without a lot attention to detail, just to get them done. Now I'm going back and tidying up or redoing the little tiles. I'm also being a little more selective with the patterns that I'm including as there's just some that I'll never use.

I really enjoy drawing out patterns when I'm not inspired to do anything else - it makes me feel productive and often flexes the creative muscles so that I end up drawing something in my journal anyway! Not today, though :)

The other thing that I'm doing as I'm going through, is to catalogue all of the patterns in Evernote. It's new to me this year, but I am using it a lot. Love that I can have it across all the PC's/devices that I regularly use, especially my 7' tablet (the perfect handbag size and goes everywhere for me). I can add tags to the patterns so I can search and categorise however I want. Love, love, love.


I'm only up to the B's. But am steadily making progress.

Also, for anyone who is interested, if you follow A Little Lime on Facebook, and like to see my feed in your News Feed, you may like to select "Get Notifications" under the "Liked" tab situated under the page header image - apparently Pages is going through another update which will make feeds more difficult to see - obviously just liking a page isn't enough. LOL.

Hope you weekend has been fabulous, we are having such terrific weather! I built another huge compost pile (I know! Madness........it comes early here in the hills), that took me 7 hours to make. It's working away and will be spread over the new potager garden when it's ready in around 12 weeks! Just in time for Spring.

Seeya!
hx

15 comments:

  1. Hi Helen,
    yes that is a great idea.
    I also have all my patterns on my phone.
    So always with me.
    Best wishes and happy Sunday, * Manja *

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Helen, Do you have the Premium or Free Evernote?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just use the free version, Elizabeth :)

      Delete
  3. What a great idea, Helen. I don't know evernote, I'll have to look into it for I'd love to have my patterns on my tab too. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Idea Helen! I use Evernote and I am definitely going to do this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Doh! I use Evernote for tons of things, but this hadn't occurred to me. I've been amassing a collection of little pattern tags on a large key ring that I saw in one of the retreat videos. They're fun to make, but cumbersome to travel with; Evernote, here I come. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am new to your blog, but when I read your first paragraph, I knew I had stumbled upon someone "just like me"! I have copied your organization system (from Sandy Hunter). Ran off to Walmart yesterday and picked up baseball card plastic page holders, which are working perfectly. Next...this Evernote idea. I have it on my ipad but not quite sure how to use it for my tangle patterns. Bu hopefully can figure it out. Now that I have discovered you, I can't wait to start picking away through your archives.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Debbie :) I'm glad you've found me, too! I clip using my PC and everything syncs across my devices. Love it.

      Delete
  7. I've been using Evernote for my tangles for several years. I organize each pattern as a separate note, with tile examples included. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Always nice to find another Evernote user - best thing I ever did was start using it to organize almost everything. It's a great program for all things Zentangle. Two big reasons I opted for premium is I'm often using it mobile and no wifi available - premium provides the option for offline access on mobile devices, also any PDFs are automatically scanned so the content is searchable.

    Hope you will continue to post how you use it as everyone does it a bit differently so learning ways in which others use it can be a great resource.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Excellent, will share with the FB Zentangle groups!

    ReplyDelete
  10. didn't know about that notifications thing, thanks, that's taken care of now :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm very new with Evernote, sounds like a great way to organize things! And since I'm new to Zentangles, too, I can organize right from the start! Thanks so much for your wonderful ideas and fantastic enthusiasm!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Could you do a tutorial on using evernote for this? I am pretty lost with technology sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Evernote is an excellent tool. Like you I love the fact that I can have all my notes (Zentangle Tangles and all other sorts of stuff) on my lap top, I-Pad and I-Phone too! The Tag feature is great as well.

    ReplyDelete