Saturday, February 1, 2014

Let the love-fest begin

It's February! A busy month for us with my wedding anniversary, my youngest daughter's birthday, and, of course Valentines Day.

So, for the next two weeks it's going to be all hearts, all the time (well, o.k., except for maybe a challenge response or two that I might slot in there as well.........hmmmmmm.......)

O.k., so for the next two weeks it's going to be almost all hearts, all the time, here on the blog.

I'm planning on a few patterns and drawings, generally just a bit of fun to celebrate February and all its love-filled goodness. Hope you enjoy! As for me, I'm just loving the fact that I'm getting some use out of my poorly neglected red markers!!!

Let's start with a pattern.

In my usual non-original style I've called it Heartline. There's hearts, there's lines...........so there you go. LOL.

Here's a finished piece with the pattern a little randomised:
 
 
The basic pattern:
 

Try it in rows for areas that you need to block in:


Happy February.
hx

17 comments:

  1. Your swirly hearts are delightful and I love the shading. Congratulations on your wedding anniversary, it's also ours and my birthday. Popular month (for me!!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! And thank-you sooooo much for the patterns! I'm also planning on going all hearts, till the 14th that is. So I'll stay tuned in here. Congratulations for both birthday & anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. just love all your swirls and vines - thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy February! I just love everything you do ~ thank you always sharing your heart!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Helen, my heart is on fire to you. Love your hearts so cute they would also make a freemotion quilting pattern as well. Love, love, love them!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Delightful pattern, and Lovely variations.
    Thanks for sharing !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable pattern, I too love hearts. Check it out: http://tekenpraktijkdeinnerlijkewereld.blogspot.nl/2014/02/helens-heartline.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhh - this is so, so sweet. I love it and you for sharing your talent. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. i just love when you randomize :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely pattern, Helen. I'm gong to use it NOW!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just lovely, Helen. Irt's our anniversary this month too! So, congrats. Thank you for sharing so generously your patterns, which I adore!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love it. My anniversary is on Valentines Day. It makes it easier for my husband to remember. Your work is always so delicate and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Greetings Helen, thank you so much for your gift of sharing, your talents are wonderful, happy anniversary & happy birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Helen, I'm a first time visitor and I love this pattern. You are so talented. I'll definitley be back!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Helen, thank you sooooo much, for always sharing your amazing talent!!! Your work is impeccable!! (i'm sure I have told you that before, nut it is true). I tried your headline and it is definitely one that I will have to practice! But I love the look. I just did a new tangle called hugs IN kisses and I used it with your heartline and I think the outcome was pretty good!!!!! Thank you soooooo much, again, and happy Anniversary!!!!! xo :0) Share Humanity

    ReplyDelete