Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Heartstrings

 My Heartstrings pattern (here's the pattern step out and video links) is definitely up there as one of my most favourite. Love it.
 
Sadly, I hadn't played with it for a while - too many patterns, too little time. And, let's face it, I have a really, really short attention span. After seeing some of the gorgeous efforts on Adele Bruno's "It's a String Thing Challenge" back in December, I was re-inspired to use Heartstrings again. And to use red! I am loving red at the moment.

 
 
 
hx

5 comments:

  1. It is great Helen, and red is just the color for this time of year. Love your heartstrings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely gorgeous, Helen. I just love the delicacy of your work. Great time to break out the heartstrings again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Helen, I love your work, your tangles are amazing. You are an inspiration for me.
    And I have a question for you today : how do you succeed to have this brilliant and smooth looking red? Do you use a special marker or a color pencil? My Sakura marker is working OK for small spaces but when I want to cover more surface we can see my strokes and the effect is dull. Please, help me to do a better job!!! Thanks, and keep up your wonderful ideas and ZIAs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marie-Therese! Thank you so much :) I have used both my Letraset Tria Markers in 2 shades of red and also my red micron (on just the smaller hearts). The Tria markers blend well and give a nice smooth transition between shades. Also (I'm not sure if this will make sense or not), when colouring it really helps to do your strokes in the direction of the shading - i.e. on this image my strokes go along the length of each "ribbon" that I wanted to colour, not across-wise. Hope that helps. hx

      Delete
  4. I am having so much fun with your hearts. What a lovely way to pass the time! Keep up the good work Helen

    ReplyDelete