Skip to main content

the end of another journal - part 1

Another day, the end of another journal.

If you've been reading for a while you may know that when I get to the end of a journal I like to go through and see if I have any unfinished drawings or pattern sketches that I want to complete. I often get distracted, or go off a drawing for some reason which means I usually have quite a lot of incomplete ideas - this is a chance to review them before I put the journal on the shelf and essentially forget about it.

Here's some of what I found today:

Paisley feather. I went off this one because I really don't like the awkwardness of the bottom RHS paisley shape - it just looks wrong. I abandoned it after I'd filled in 2 or 3 of the paisleys but decided to finish it off today. I still don't love it, but it's done.

Gumleaves pattern: a super easy one.
Add caption
Gumleaves pattern given a much more natural look by using it on a curve, graduating leaf sizes and adding a few scrolls.

A daisy I sketched last night - pen shading on the petals of this one. A little bit of greylead on the centre. No makers for a change.
Hope you're enjoying your weekend.
hx